Friday, May 21, 2010

"Her my prayer , O Lord..

Let my cry for help come to you. Do not hide your face from me when I am in distress. Turn your ear to me, when I call, answer me quickly." Psalm 102 1-2
This was my day for #4 chemo of this cycle. Two more next week, then a week off...then a CT and I am anxious to see if it is working. I have felt amazingly good this week. I told Cindy it has been largely due to her helping me. I just could not have gotten up the energy all by myself and she just gave me the energy. Jim got here today and we took lots of boxes over to the new place.
I am feeling better about the move, I think, even though I am ashamed for feeling sad at all. We are so blessed and I keep reminding myself to "shame on me if I feel sad". God must be ashamed with me for putting such emphasis on "stuff".
Tomorrow will be a "hauling stuff" day, boxes and pictures,books, sewing things, clothes, that kind of things and the movers will come Tuesday next week.
A memory came up this week when our resident bluebirds were flying around. Grandma had 10 brothers and sisters, and there were lots of first and double-first cousins. When they got together, there were over 20-30 kids. One day, all the boys took their hats (remember pictures of boys in the late 1800's with their "slouch" hats?) Well they took their hats and went around and collected bird eggs. Why on earth they thought about that, no one knows. They brought this wonderful collection of all colors bird eggs to show the grownups! Oh my were they upset! Then the boys tried to put them back, in sorrow. Of course, they could not find where they went and the birds would not accept them once they are handled...what a sad-fun day!
Just another memory that Grandma told me about.

No comments:

Post a Comment