Thursday, May 13, 2010

"I called to you for help..."

Psalm 30:1-2 "I will exalt you ,O Lord, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me."
I know I use many of these verses over and over--they just "call to me" and mean so much at each occasion. I had the CT this morning early and then we ate breakfast at Panera's then saw the oncologist. He was thrilled that there were no new tumors..granted the old ones in the liver are still there. But how wonderful to know the cancer is not spreading more. I am still numb (like I cannot believe the Ct said what it did) and how blessed I am to start another year (starting on year 7!!!) and still be fighting this demon which I could only do with prayers of many friends and family AND God using this example of wonderful goodness and grace and mercy for us.
We decided that another 6 rounds of 1/2 strength will finish this second cycle and then I can have another CT about June 10 and see if maybe the tiny liver tumors might diminish somewhat. (they are all very small).So I had the smaller dose, a B 12 shot and an Iron infusion to boost my red cells and hopefully give more lung and heart power. I also had the steroid pill, and that is why at 11:30 at night, I am still going strong!
We packed for an hour after we got home at 4:30 today, then I went to art class, came home and we packed some more, and I sewed some.
John calls me the "energizer bunny" and I am after a steroid pill!!!
I go back tomorrow for the second in this cycle...same as today but no B12 or iron.
I am so in the clouds and elated, and feeling like I am so blessed.
For this moment, God has "healed me" a little bit...not totally but in His timing, a little bit is enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment