Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"...but be of good cheer..."

John 16:33 says "These things I have spoken to you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."
I woke up at 4 am and could not go back to sleep---I have so much troubling thoughts...our builder is not doing his job well, five months on two rooms seems excessive, right??? I cannot imagine we will fit all we are wanting to keep into those rooms? Actually we have a kitchen, bath, large bedroom and nice size living room, but only two rooms for furniture, right? So not a good start to the day. Cindy, John and I packed more, hauled things from the storage unit to this house for our sale...we cannot take anything to the apartment yet because the final inspector has not signed off...five months???So this is so frustrating. Cindy and I had a few minutes to kill this afternoon so we stopped for coffee at a shop.
The girl at the counter started talking about how she had cried all day, her boyfriend had left her, she lives in a motel, their five year old misses his daddy, her 12 year old lives with grandparents...what a sad life and sad way to live...before we could hardly say a word, she said "I know I need Jesus in my life. I work on Sunday but not all the time, I need to go to church." She went on about how she needed to meet a nice man who would take care of her and I thought, this is near where I will be living, so I might drink alot of coffee..meantime, I think I will pray alot for Stephanie and hope she can find Jesus in her life and a better way of living for her two children. It kind of put my "issues" in perspective...what does it matter if I don't get my "ducks in a row" like I want to. This young girl reached out and I hope I can run into her again.

No comments:

Post a Comment