Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Dreading tomorrow

well, I have thought all day about what to write today--I have been reminiscing over the past 5 years, but now need to tell about my tomorrow...I am to have Radio Frequency Ablation, involving big needles!This ablation will be done to my liver to kill the 4 tumors there. Thankfully I will be very asleep, but going back to the hospital only 8 days after leaving it is a dreadful thing, even though I am so thankful for the technology, the doctor's wisdom and the ability to have hope. As Jeremiah says in Chapter 30:17, "For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee---saith the Lord". When the cancer came back this time and had spread from the "usual" 3-4 tumors in my abdomen and is now in my liver, I cried and told the oncologist, "Oh, this is the beginning of the end" and he replied, "No, the beginning of the end was 5 1/2 years ago and look how prayer has kept you alive this long"..He is so right and I am so thankful for a believing doctor...and for friends and family who pray so dilligently for me. If anyone is interested in seeing how this Ablation is done, look up livertumor.org and this will lead you to several sites that have lots of information.So as usual life is exciting..we have prayed for a perfect chemo to rid the rest of my body of the cancer and my oncologist says he has THREE experimental chemos to chose from, so there you go---God sends not one but three!!I will be back after the RFA with this "star wars" type of medicine!!have a blessed day!

4 comments:

  1. Love you Bev! Prayers all the way from Ohio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev, I finally found you. I was leaving out the dash in blog address. I read all your posts and will keep up through here and Facebook and your sweet emails.

    Dear friend, the Lord bless and keep you and make his face to shine upon you today. I love that we have this medium of blogs to converse. By the way, you are doing a great job of journal-blogging.

    ReplyDelete