Friday, October 30, 2009

Whatever your hand finds to do---

Today has been an unusual day---stay at home!!!What a treat, to not leave the house, to "piddle", sew on a grandaughter's dress, listen to music, read a little...Friends call and ask if I am able to do things, and I am surprised that others think I cannot do for us/myself. At this point, I am still fully functional, doing housework, cooking, running errands, sewing and doing all the household things and I wonder, "do I look that sick?". Last night was the weekly art class I go to (oil painting) and this is one of the highpoints of my week. I really think most people hear the words "cancer" and "chemo" and assume I am in the bed, and by next week, I may be there!! But for now, life is nearly normal, except that food is not "good to the taste", has a metallic taste and I am sure this is due to the experimental chemical. It is difficult to plan meals if nothing sounds good, but John and I have not lost any weight so I think we are doing ok with food. I am being careful to not hug anyone at church, and hope to stay away from flu; after next week, my white cells count will probably go down, making me more vulnerable to germs. So what a nice day, which I will probably end up with some cross stitch, doing as Ecclesiates 9:10 says, "Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might."

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous day!! Who doesn't love to piddle?? Shelly

    ReplyDelete