Wednesday, October 28, 2009

"Wait for the Lord"

Psalm 27:14 says "Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord."...I think the repetition is an emphasis to which we need to pay attention. Today as I sat and waited for blood to be drawn, then waited for a shot to give some relief to side effects of the pre-chemo chemical, I watched many cancer patients, all coming with hope, and despair, on their faces. Tears came in my eyes as I saw the ones who visibly pushed themselves to be there, to receive a few drops of hope in the chemo , to live a few more days and months, my realizing the resiliency of the human spirit. I wonder if I will be one of those who push themselves to the utmost limit. I and my family and friends are praying for a miracle, as I am sure, many of those today are doing...We have to "wait for the Lord" and for His plan, for His purpose for each of our lives. Today was a good day, lots of things to be done, nearly a normal day. I am sure that will not always be true, so today was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment