Thursday, October 29, 2009

Perseverance

My older son calls me more often than he used to--something about worrying that "mama might not be here as long as I thought she would" or something like that...anyway, I am enjoying it thoroughly for whatever reason! He always has words of wisdom for me and I appreciate his knowledge and his encouragement. Today, he observed that the doctors would only give the experimental chemical to those they felt would benefit the most and those who would probably give the best "performance"...makes sense, because they certainly want the best outcome for their drugs!!That was encouraging to me, because I ,of course, want to be one of their success stories!!! The oncologist had told me earlier that the fact that I had been successful with two prior chemos meant that my body might be likely to respond to another chemo. We are counting on that, along with the many prayers that friends tell us every day they are offering to God on my behalf. I can tell that the chemicals are making a difference on my body--nothing really bad, just a feeling of malaise, just not my best , yet I don't sleep well at night. You would think when one feels a little "poorly" that sleep would come easily and last a long time--not so. I wake often during the night and have lots of intercessory prayer time for family and friends.So I am trying to persevere, as in James 1:2-4....."--Whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything." So I am hanging on...........................

No comments:

Post a Comment