Saturday, October 24, 2009

I sold my loom!

Today was traumatic!!I had learned to weave when I was working on my MS and weaving became the emphasis of my Masters degree. I immediately purchased a Loom (machine on which to weave) and I have enjoyed doing this for a long time--about 27 years. I have made rag rugs, overshot weavings for table runners, and even a bedspread. It is very sad to think I will never do this again, to know that this phase of my life is over. There was always a plan to make more rugs, even do another spread, like the coverlets seen in antique shops, more baby shawls...but life moves on and plans do not always work out. John and I need to "downsize" more and move into smaller quarters, enabling life to be simpler no matter whether I live or not. So this is part of the down sizing..the loom is gone to a very good family (that helps me not be as sad) and they will enjoy using it as much as I have.. "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" Philippians 4:4

1 comment:

  1. I know it was very sad for you to see it go! Love you and thinking about you always!

    ReplyDelete