Tuesday, October 20, 2009

A Good day

This was a very long day, from 8 am until after 5 pm...with a bag of chemicals given through my "port" and 12 vials of blood drawn at various times during the day, from an access in my arm. This blood drawing was done every 5 minutes, then 15 minutes, then 30 minutes, then 1 hour, etc. to see how my body used the chemical. This was a long day, because of the waiting. Also, at 1:00, I had another heart echo cardiogram to see if any damage had been done so far. There were also two EKG's. And again I had to sign my life away, reading all the side effects that COULD occur. There will be several long 10 and 12 hour days in the weeks to follow, then slow down to just one or two days a week.It is very complicated but I am sure it will become routine. So far, today there were no side effects for which I am very thankful! We are so blessed to have a fabulous cancer treatment center in our city--The Sarah Cannon Cancer Center, a gift donated by our own Minnie Pearl.
Tomorrow will be a shorter day, more of the same, just not so much "blood-letting". Reading the protocol given to me, the consent paper says "this is the first time that "AZD7762" has been given to human subjects....that is me..a human subject!!Is that exciting? when the "Irinotecan" is added to this first drug, there is much hope for ridding the body of cancer!! I have to have this hope! Reading "The Messenger" again today, in Psalm 86, I read "But you, O God, are both tender and kind, not easily angered, immense in love, and you never, never quit. So look me in the eye and show kindness, give your servant the strength to go on, save your dear, dear child!---As you, God, gently and powerfully put me back on my feet."

2 comments:

  1. wonderful verse. so glad all went well today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bev, we are continuing to pray for God's blessings, that you will see good come from this latest treatment, & be back "digging rocks" again soon. God loves you & we do too.

    ReplyDelete