Thursday, October 15, 2009

Time Together

My sister and I spend as much time together as possible---always have, and the three of us did when our other sister was alive. About 20 years ago my daughter started a small home business, sewing, decorating, designing for homes, she was partially educated for this and learned the rest through experience. When I quit teaching about that time, I started working with her and we worked in basements, attics, spare rooms, you name it---today, she finally has a SHOP and we are so proud of her accomplishments. I am also gratified and happy over the years we have spent together building this business. Now my sister is working with us also, and this completes the feeling of family working together. Sister and I have "worked" doing crafty things over the years (lots can be done with styrofoam, straw and pine cones) and now we are working with my daughter in this business. The main joy in life is being together with family, taking time to talk and remember..I remember things my sister does not by being older..I had an advantage of being the only grandchild for nine years--lots of fun--so I had time with parents and grandparents listening to their talk (people used to sit on porches in the evening and just talk) and I learned so much about family listening to them and just being together with them . As I grew up, Saturday was not date night but family night and our family spent lots of time together, picnicing, swimming, hiking, having friends over for dinner. So now I spend time with my sister and she feels afraid for me, for our time together, for what the future holds. I start part of my preparation for the chemo tomorrow--a CT scan, and then on Monday a heart Echo Cardiogram, blood work then start the "good stuff" on Tuesday. Any time with family is precious, is a time to "hold onto", to file away in your memory and think, "will I remember the sight, sensations of this day?" I found a favorite verse for today..."Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is your faithfulness" Lamentations 3:22-23. Time with family, time with our Lord, time to enjoy each day.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Beverly,

    I am so sorry to hear that you have another challenge ahead of you with your cancer fight. I have never heard of someone that has such a successful track record at beating this back time and again. Your faith and your resolve is very inspiring and I know you have a lot of prayers going out for you every day.

    Know that you are loved and you have great family around you to help you through this process. I am praying for you to be successful in your treatment.

    With love,

    Ross Powell

    ReplyDelete