Sunday, October 18, 2009

Family Time at another church

Today, my sister and I attended the church where one of our nephews attends and sings in the choir there. What a joy and absolute blessing to hear them sing "You Raise Me Up" (by Rolf Lovland and Brendan Graham) and the soul-stirring words, "When I am down and oh my soul's so weary----you raise me up"--- Our nephew had a solo part and his voice just brought us to tears..how our other sister would have been thrilled to be there also. As you realize, I adore my family and want more than anything to be able to live on this earth a long time just to be with all of them. When Sister and I are together we try and remember things about parents and grandparents , each telling something the other has forgotten or did not know. We remembered how Grandma would say, "If you can sit up and take nourishment, you are blessed"...when those words sink in you realize how true, not being sick in bed, and having an appetite (which sometimes we don't think is a blessing if it is too good!). So we ate lunch together, laughed about all the antics the seven nephews and one niece managed to get into and came away thankful for times together and for family ties and love; above all,thankful for the love of God for us, His children. As Psalms 95: 1-2 says: "Come let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before Him with thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song." And when I am weary I know He will "raise me up".

1 comment:

  1. Bev, You are so right about the lyrics of that song--how they reflect the beauty of our Lord and his messengers that support others. I have the Celtic Women CD and the song is on it. A real favorite rendition. Praying for you today, and looking forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete