Saturday, October 3, 2009

How it all began

In June of 2004, life was good, (still is) but less complicated then!! We mortals tend to just "bebop" our way thru the days, taking life itself for granted, enjoying the wonderful day after day, rarely thinking, REALLY thinking what a gift each day is. This was actually May 31 of that year, Memorial Day, fun with family at cook out and swim party, when that night a horrific backache took me to the Emergency Room....within several days the diagnosis was made, surgery was performed and the words, "It is cancer" forever changed my life, my husband's and all our extended family. The type of cancer was (and is) a very rare, Mixed Mullerian tumor, and so begins this journey to find a cure, and achieve a life of normalcy, with the very tiny voice back in my head, saying "is it back?". So, I will attempt to share what has occured these 5 1/2 years. I hope you will follow me and I hope Jeremiah 29:11-13 will give you the hope and promise it gives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment