Saturday, October 17, 2009

"The Two will become one flesh"

Tonight one of our grandaughters married her love , her intended, the one who asked her dad if he could be her husband. What a beautiful ceremony; the groom was nearly overcome with emotion, realizing the enormity of the covenant he was making. How beautiful to see Matthew 19:5-6 in the flesh: "For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife and the two will become one flesh. So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Of course most women (romantics at heart) will remember their own ceremony and think , if it has been a long time, how much lies in these words and how we really, really don't understand the enormity of the vow we are taking. As I prepare for another chemotherapy, and think how my husband loves me, bald, scrawny, hurting, nauseous, and know the thought of such illness never, never entered our minds when we vowed to love forever. I am so honored and blessed to have such a husband who loves me no matter what. This is the strength to carry me through. So, Monday, here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment